We've teamed up with our friend Elizabeth over at Jam Jar Kitchen
to bring you this fresh and flavorful Mushroom Stroganoff. We've eliminated the beef from this traditional dish to make a vegetarian version, but you could easily use this same recipe and add back in beef tenderloin, ground beef, or even ground turkey or chicken if you prefer. This is packed with flavor and perfect for an easy weeknight meal that everyone in the family will love!
- 1 lb old fashioned egg noodles
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 24 oz Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.5 tsp fresh thyme
- 1.5 tbsp Yep! Shake Paprikash Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1.5 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Fresh parsley & thyme, for garnish
HOW TO MAKE THE MAGIC HAPPEN:
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions in a lot pot of salted water until just before al dente. This is usually about 1-2 minutes less than the package instructions. Drain into a large colander and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking prepare the stroganoff. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium high in a large dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot until hot.
- Add in diced onion, sliced mushrooms and crushed garlic. Sauté over medium high heat for around 10 minutes until soft and most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Add in fresh thyme, Yep! Shake Paprikash Seasoning
, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper and a pinch of cayenne (if using). Mix together and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Make a well in the middle of the vegetables and add 2 tbsp of butter. Allow the butter to melt then add in 1/4th cup of flour.
- Stir the butter and flour together and then mix into the vegetables to coat and cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stream in 2 cups of broth while continuing to stir. Mix well to ensure there are no lumps of flour.
- Add in 1-2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce and bring the mixture to a boil over medium high to high heat. Once a full boil has been reached, turn the heat to low and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the heat off, but leave the pot on the warm burner. Add the cooked egg noodles to the pot and mix until the noodles are thoroughly coated in the sauce.
- Add in 1/2 cup of sour cream and fold into the noodles until there are no more white streaks. Taste and add additional salt and pepper as necessary.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and thyme, a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of Yep! Shake Paprikash for extra color and flavor. Enjoy!