Your weekend is calling and it NEEDS this Southwestern Breakfast Skillet prepared by our friend Neha with Kissed by Spice. Packed full of flavor and comes together in 30 minutes or less... our favorite kind of dish!
HOW TO MAKE THE MAGIC HAPPEN:
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil, heat for about a minute. Add potatoes and lower heat to medium low. Sauté for a minute then cover. Cook for about 4-5 minutes until potatoes are cooked through, stir occasionally.
- Add bell peppers and onion, sauté for a few minutes then remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add ground meat to skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add seasoning and continue cooking for 7-8 minutes or until meat is cooked through stirring occasionally.
- *NOTE- cook the eggs in the same skillet if you prefer – skip to step 6 then add eggs then cook to your liking. Just make a few holes and drop the eggs until they are cooked to your preference. I like using a separate pan (step 5).
- While the meat is cooking, start making eggs. In a separate not-stick pan, use oil or cooking spray to cook eggs to your preference- sunny side up, over easy, over medium, etc.
- Add the veggies back to the skillet, mix well and cook for an additional few minutes.
- Take skillet off heat. Place cooked eggs in the skillet with meat and veggies or serve directly onto a plate.