We love experimenting with different flavors and toppings on our burgers and these Yep! BBQ Ranch Burgers are bursting with flavor! A big thanks to our friend Elizabeth with Jam Jar Kitchen for knocking it out of the park with these delicious burgers!
For the burger patties:
For the coleslaw topping:
• 1 tbsp mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp Yep! Carolina Red BBQ sauce
• 1 tsp white vinegar (can sub with pickle juice or apple cider vinegar)
• 1 tsp Yep! Shake Ranch Seasoning
• 3 cups coleslaw mix
For the burger sauce:
• ¼ cup Yep! Carolina Red BBQ sauce
• ¼ cup mayonnaise
• 3 tsp Yep! Shake Ranch Seasoning
• 4 brioche buns
• 8 slices bacon
• Red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
• Pickles (optional)
HOW TO MAKE THE MAGIC HAPPEN:
- Take the ground beef out of the fridge 20-30 minutes before grilling to allow to come room temperature. *Note* do not add any seasoning to burger meat at this time. While the meat is coming to room temperature, prepare the topping ingredients.
- Make the coleslaw topping: In a medium size mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, Yep! Carolina Red BBQ sauce, vinegar, and Yep! Shake ranch seasoning. Mix to combine then add raw coleslaw mix and stir until evenly coated. Set aside.
Make the burger sauce: In a small mixing bowl combine Yep! Carolina Red BBQ sauce, mayonnaise and Yep! Shake ranch seasoning. Stir until well combined and set aside.
Cook the bacon: In a skillet add 8 slices of bacon and cook until crispy. Remove bacon from the skillet onto a paper towel lined plate. Set the skillet aside and do not pour out the bacon grease (optional, you can use the bacon grease to toast the buns).
- Preheat the grill over medium high heat for at least 5 minutes while you prepare the burger patties.
Add ground beef and 1 ½ tbsp of Yep! Shake ranch seasoning to a medium size mixing bowl. Use your hands to gently mix in the seasoning, being very careful not to overwork the meat. Divide the ground beef into 4 equal parts and form 4 round patties. Use your thumb to create a slight indentation in the middle of the patties to reduce bulging. Season both sides of the burger patties with salt and pepper then place in a foil lined pan.
Carefully place the burgers onto the preheated grill and use a basting brush to brush a little BBQ sauce on the burgers.
Close the lid and cook undisturbed for about 3 minutes. Then flip the burgers to the other side and baste with more Yep! Carolina Red BBQ sauce. Close the lid and grill for another 3-4 minutes. While the burgers are still on the grill place one slice of cheese on each burger patty then remove the burgers to a foil lined pan and loosely cover with foil.
Allow the burgers to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- (optional) While the burgers are resting place the skillet with the bacon fat over medium high heat. Place your burger buns cut side down into the bacon grease and toast on medium-high to high heat for a minute or two until a toasty golden brown.
*Note* You only need a thin layer of bacon grease so feel free to poor some out if there is too much.
*If you prefer not to use bacon grease you can also toast the buns in a little butter or olive oil.*
- Assemble the burgers. Spoon a little of the burger sauce on both cut sides of the toasted bun. Then layer on thinly sliced red onion, pickles, bacon, the burger patty and top with the coleslaw. Serve and enjoy!