No Products in the Cart
For the chicken
To assemble the gyros
- Place chicken thighs in a large ziploc bag. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine olive oil, Greek yogurt, Yep! Shake Greek Seasoning, salt, pepper, red wine vinegar, and the zest and juice of 1 lemon. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken thighs and seal the freezer bag. Allow chicken to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Take your marinated chicken thighs out of the fridge and allow them to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat your grill on medium high heat until very hot (5-10 minutes).
- Place chicken thighs on the grill and cook over medium high heat with the lid closed for 5-6 minutes. Flip chicken to the other side and continue to grill over medium high heat for an additional 5-6 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove chicken from the grill and place in a foil lined pan. Loosely cover with foil and allow chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- While the chicken is resting, toast your gyro bread (optional, but delicious!). Heat a pan on the stove over medium high heat until hot. Rub a little olive oil on both sides of the gyro (or naan) bread and cook in the pan for about 1-2 minutes per side until soft and pliable. Wrap in foil to keep warm until you assemble your gyros.
- Assemble the chicken gyros.
- Slice the grilled chicken thighs. Spread a little tzatziki on the gyro bread and then add chicken thigh slices. Add toppings of your choice and enjoy!