Dreamed up by our friend Katy Weaver with @whatwearehaving, this teriyaki style chicken bowl is so zesty and full of bright ingredients that will wake your tastebuds right up! Katy recommends serving on top of sticky rice, accompanied with overnight pickled red onion, cucumber, and carrots.
- 2 cups Yep! Muddy Creek Sauce
- 1 Cara Cara orange, juiced
- 1 TBSP garlic, minced
- 1 TSP ginger, fresh grated or paste
- 3 green onion whites, cut into 1/4" pieces
- 1 LB boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- Yep! Shake Original to taste
- olive oil
HOW TO MAKE THE MAGIC HAPPEN:
- Season chicken with Yep! Shake Original Seasoning to taste.
- In a non-stick skillet over high heat, add just enough olive oil to coat the pan.
- Add in chicken and green onion. Sear and thoroughly brown each side of the chicken, then set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk Yep! Muddy Creek Sauce, garlic, ginger, and Cara Cara orange juice.
- Pour mixture into the heated pan. Allow mixture to cook down a quarter of the way to a semi-thick consistency, stirring often.
- Slice chicken and add back into the pan and cook over medium heat until cooked through.
- Serve over rice with pickled onions, carrots, and cucumbers. Garnish with sesame seeds if desired!