Get your grills ready! This Ultimate Grilled Chicken Sandwich featuring our Yep! Shake Original seasoning is easy to execute and packed full of flavor. Big thanks to our friend Elizabeth with Jam Jar Kitchen for sharing this with us. Pairs perfectly with our Summer Corn Salad for a delicious summer meal!
- Gas grill
- Grill tongs or spatula
- Meat mallet or rolling pin
- Plastic freezer bag
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Foil lined pan
- Pan or skillet
- Paper towel lined plate
For the grilled chicken
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4th cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp pickle juice
- 2 tbsp Yep! Shake Original Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
To assemble to sandwiches
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 Brioche buns
- 1/3rd cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Yep! Shake Original seasoning
- 4-6 slices provolone cheese
- Iceberg lettuce
- Thinly sliced red onion
- Pickle slices
- Sliced tomatoes
HOW TO MAKE THE MAGIC HAPPEN:
ONE – Marinate the chicken
- Lay the chicken breast inside a freezer bag or between two sheets of parchment paper. Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to gently pound the chicken to an even thickness.
- *Note* You don’t need the chicken to be super thin, you just want a consistent thickness so it will cook evenly.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts and place in a large freezer bag. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine olive oil, pickle juice, Yep!Shake Original seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken breasts and allow to marinated in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
TWO – Grill the Chicken
- Take your marinated chicken breasts out of the fridge and allow them to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
- Preheat your grill on medium high heat until very hot (5-10 minutes).
- Place chicken breasts on the grill and cook over medium high heat with the lid closed for 4-5 minutes. Flip chicken to the other side and continue to grill over medium high heat for an additional 4-5 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature between 160 and 165 degrees F.
- Layer slices of provolone cheese over the chicken breasts and close the lid for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute until the cheese is melted.
- Remove chicken from the grill and place in a foil lined pan. Loosely cover with foil and allow chicken to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
THREE – Cook the Bacon
- While the chicken is grilling cook the bacon in a large skillet until crispy.
- Remove bacon from the skillet and place on paper towel lined plate. Do not throw away the bacon grease!
FOUR – Toast the buns.
- Pour all but a thin layer of bacon grease in the pan and place it back on medium high heat.
- Place both halves the buns, cut side down, into the pan and toast in the bacon grease for about 30 seconds. Watch closely to make sure they don’t burn!
- Remove and set aside.
FIVE – Assemble the sandwiches
- Mix 1 tsp of Yep! Shake Original Seasoning into 1/3rd cup of mayonnaise and stir to combine. Spread the seasoned mayo on cut sides of the buns.
- On the bottom bun layer on onion slices, pickle slices and a slice of tomato. Add chicken then top with iceberg lettuce. Top with the bun and serve.